UPSC EPFO MCQs on Workmen’s Compensation Act 1923: The workmen’s compensation act, 1923, is applicable for those workers who are working with an industry that is mentioned in the act. Under this act, the protection of workmen from injuries and losses caused through an accident in course of and arising out of the employment subject to specific expectations as mentioned in the act.
In this post we are providing you most important UPSC EPFO MCQs, which will be beneficial for upcoming UPSC EPFO Exam. Attempt these UPSC EPFO MCQs and share these UPSC EPFO MCQs among your friends.
UPSC EPFO MCQs on Workmen’s Compensation Act 1923
1. Under Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923 (D)
(A) Individual manager subordinate to an employer cannot act as managing agent.
(B) Managing agent includes an individual manager subordinate to an employer.
(C) Only employer can act as managing agent.
(D) The appropriate government shall appoint managing agent.
2. The Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923, the Maternity Benefit Act, 1965 and the Employees State Insurance Act, 1948 (D)
(A) Together can be applicable.
(B) The Maternity Benefit Act and the Employees State Insurance Act can be applicable at a time.
(C) The Workmen’s Compensation Act and the Employees State Insurance Act can be applicable at a time.
(D) If the Workmen’s Compensation Act and the Maternity Benefit Act are applicable, the Employees State Insurance Act is not applicable.
3. Assertion (A): Provisions of Employees’ compensation Act and Maternity Benefit Act do not apply to all industries. (C)
Reason (R): Employees’ Compensation Act is a comprehensive social security legislation.
(A) (A) is wrong, but (R) is right.
(B) (A) is right, but (R) does not related to the (A).
(C) (A) and (R) are right, and (R) validates the (A).
(D) (A) and (R) are wrong.
4. While working at the construction of a multi-storeyed building of a company, a worker employed by a ‘contractor’, supplied by a ‘sirdar’, faced an accident and became temporarily disabled. For paying compensation to the worker, who shall be held responsible as per law? (A)
(A) The contractor who employed the worker
(B) The sirdar who supplied the worker
(C) Both (A) and (B)
(D) None of the above
5. No contribution is required for getting benefit under which of the following legislations? (C)
(A) Maternity Benefit Act
(B) Employees’ Compensation Act
(C) Both under (A) & (B)
(D) None of the above
6. If the money is due from the employer under the settlement or award, the workman or his assignee can make an application to the appropriate government for the recovery within the period given below. (B)
(A) One year.
(B) One year and also after the said period of the appropriate government is satisfied that the applicant has sufficient cause for not making the application within one year.
(C) Two years.
(D) Three years.
7. The name of which of the following legislations has been recently changed? (A)
(A) Workmens’ Compensation Act
(B) Employees’ State Insurance Act
(C) Maternity Benefit Act
(D) Payment of Gratuity Act
8. Which of the following statements relating to the Employees’ Compensation Act is not correct? (C)
(A) This Act has a link with the Workmen’s Compensation Act
(B) This act is the outcome of the amendment that was made to the Workmen’s Compensation Act
(C) This act does not have any provision relating to temporary disablement of workmen
(D) This act has a provision relating to permanent partial disablement
9. Assertion (A): Industrial accidents occur inter-alia due to fatigue. (B)
Reason (R): Fatigue is the result of personal health condition of the worker as well as by overwork, monotony and boredom as part of work experience.
(A) (A) is right but (R) is wrong.
(B) (A) is right and the (R) rightly explains the (A).
(C) Both (A) and (R) are wrong.
(D) (A) is wrong but (R) is right.
10. If there is willful removal or disregard by the workman of any safety guard or other device which he knew to have been provided for the purpose of securing safety of workman, (B)
(A) Employer is liable to pay compensation
(B) Employer is not liable to pay compensation
(C) Appropriate government is liable to pay compensation
(D) The Trade Union is liable to pay compensation
Click Here for more UPSC EPFO MCQs
|Please Support us Like & Share Our Social Network
|Youtube||Click Here To Subscribe Now|
|Current Affairs App
||Click Here to Download Free Current Affairs App by ExamsCart.com
By TEAM ExamsCart.com
(Government Exams ? Crack with Us…)