The Hindu Vocabulary: Vocabulary is a must for candidates appearing in any competitive examination. So here we bring you The Hindu Vocabulary on daily basis to increase vocab power and helps you in your preparation for many exams like Banking, Railway, Insurance, SSC, and other Government exams.
The Hindu Vocabulary includes the word with the meaning, synonyms, antonyms along with the example given in “THE HINDU” Editorial pages. As we all Know in English section the vocabulary comes from THE HINDU Newspapers in the most bank and competitive exams and it is very essential to read and memories vocab from The Hindu Vocabulary daily. You can easily learn The Hindu Vocabulary words form our ExamsCart App on regular basis.
The Hindu Vocabulary
1. RIGHTEOUS (ADJECTIVE): (न्याय परायण): good
Synonyms: virtuous, upright
Feelings of righteous indignation about pay and conditions.
2. SUBSEQUENT (ADJECTIVE): (आगामी): following
Synonyms: ensuing, succeeding
The theory was developed subsequent to the earthquake of 1906.
3. DISCERN (VERB): (समझना): perceive
Synonyms: make out, pick out
She could faintly discern the shape of a skull.
4. REPRESSIVE (ADJECTIVE): (दमनकारी): oppressive
Synonyms: authoritarian, despotic
The people are held down by a repressive regime.
5. EXPEDIENT (ADJECTIVE): (लाभकारक): convenient
Synonyms: advantageous, useful
Either side could break the agreement if it were expedient to do so.
6. DASH (VERB): (जल्दी करना): rush
Synonyms: race, run
I dashed into the garden.
7. SUBDUED (ADJECTIVE): (निराश): somber
Synonyms: low-spirited, downcast
I felt strangely subdued as I drove home.
8. STIFLE (VERB): (दबाना): suppress
Synonyms: smother, restrain
Antonyms: let out
She stifled her giggles.
9. DISPARATE (ADJECTIVE): (भिन्न): contrasting
Synonyms: different, differing
They inhabit disparate worlds of thought.
10. BELIE (VERB): (खंडन करना): contradict
Synonyms: give the lie to, disprove
His lively, alert manner belied his years.